Trail Reports

Status: Partially Open
Condition: Poor

Trail and Rally Update

Ok, some big news for the Rally a week from today, Sat Feb 24 11-4. The Jason Waldron Band from Grand Rapids MN will be playing after the Rally, so the good times will extend into the evening. Resorts are filling up fast so book your room now! We also have unique additional outdoor events, Winter Kubb, Cornhole, and Hammerschlagen competitions. We going to attempt an Ice Carousel too. The Rally is at Jerry's on the mainland next to Youngs Bay resort. If you need a place to stay, try there are several resorts, or shack up with some friends, or try some winter camping. We hope we get some more snow as the snowmobile trail from Warroad to NWA is still glare ice. Support the club, and try to win the coolest snowmobile, Polaris S4 Titan, 4-stroke fuel economy and quiet. Plus, many other prizes on the $10 ticket. Raffle Tickets will be available at the typical outlets and at the Rally. See you there.
All reactions:
8Frank Walsh, Tom Johnson and 6 others

 

 


Status: Partially Open
Condition: Poor

New Rally Location for Feb 24

Due to the lack of snow, the club has decided to move the 2024 snowmobile rally to Jerry's Bar and Restaurant on the mainland.
The rally is two weeks from today, February 24th from 11 AM to 4 PM and we typically get between 400 and 500 snowmobilers that attend. However, since our trails are glare ice right now, there isn't any rideable snow in the surrounding community and very little snow forecasted we know most of the people will attend by driving up on the road.
We've been in close contact with Points North regarding the ice road, which is in great shape after the return to colder weather. We know many people attend by snowmobile and because that doesn't look possible this year we decided it would be best to move to Jerry's.
Along with our normal 50/50 raffles, door prize and grand prize drawings, we have a lot of interesting new events and activities - including a live band planned for the evening! We'd love for all of you to still attend to support the snowmobile club and local establishments so we can all have a strong future!


Status: Partially Open
Condition: Poor

Feb 8 2024 Update

We received .25 inch of rain, and it has not stopped raining. We do not plan to send volunteers out till tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. We predict there may be some trail stakes down. It is a sloppy mess on the lake, and we could not take a good picture. It is supposed to get colder starting tomorrow, so hopefully winter will come back. I'm sure there will be additional reports as soon as this weather event is behind us. If you must use the snowmobile trail, use only during the day.